Friday, January 13, 2017

HANGOVER FRIDAY END2END BURNERS SUPER PREGAME PLAYLIST: "It's Over 9,000!!!"

(Note: Back in December I came into work on a Friday and instead of listening to the news as usual I decided to play music all day and share the list over on the Hosey Facebook page. This particular playlist is from the day of our show at Otto's Shrunken Head on January 13th, 2017.)

Here we  go!

These are the rules: Only albums that are good front-to-back. And I'm playing these at work in an office, so they're also albums that won't get you fired (I hope). No Don Cabellero or Melt Banana, no matter how badly I might want to listen to them.




BOARDS OF CANADA
Music Has the Right to Children

Kicking it off very chill today. A classic instrumental. And it has "ROYGBIV" so... [swoon]






R.E.M.
Murmur

Keeping the "chilled out morning" vibe going with one of my favorite albums from one of my absolute favorite singer/songwriters.
 





THE REPLACEMENTS
Tim

You might hear us cover one of these songs tonight. 






PIXIES
Come On Pilgrim

You will definitely hear us cover a song from this one tonight.






DJ SHADOW
Mountain Will Fall

DJ Shadow's new album is a kind of return to form, and it is very good. 






AESOP ROCK
The Impossible Kid

I'm going to see this guy next week.






FUGAZI
The Argument

I think Fugazi's last album was their best. Flawless. And I can't imagine anyone else writing a song about housing development and gentrification even half as good as "Cashout."






RUN THE JEWELS
Run The Jewels 3

Last one for the day! You cannot deny RTJ. Have fun everyone! I hope I see you all tonight.