Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mention in the Austin Chronicle

Besides the music I make for Hosey and our side projects, I also do music/sound work for dance companies, performance artists, and other weird projects that flutter to life in the avant garde fringes of culture. One such project was providing the score for "Deer, to Me", a multimedia piece put on by the company white road Dance Media. The score was originally put together for the first run of the performance in NYC about two years ago, and just this week it was re-performed over several nights in Austin, Texas. A local newspaper ran a review of the show and complimented the music and mentioned yours truly. It kind of made my day. Here's the link:

http://bit.ly/te1uEa [austinchronicle.com]

I got another reason to smile today when I got home and checked the mail. For as long as I can recall, I've always wanted a Barq's Root Beer t-shirt. Today my dream came true: